Friday 20 January 2017

The Generosity of Good People

This week I have been really lucky to receive some fantastic toy donations from wonderful friends and family for my forthcoming Toy Fair fundraisers.  I’ve been really surprised and delighted by how wonderfully generous people are.

There have been donations from my close friends and family, which I might have anticipated, but there have also been donations from other people; school friends who I haven’t seen in years, colleagues, even complete strangers who I’ve never met.  My daughter’s play school (Katz Kindergarten) have offered to help collect donations and our childminder, Lindsay (Precious Angels Childcare), is also drumming up support on my behalf.  I’ll be hosting the Toy Fairs on two dates at Funky Town Play Centre in Chester, who are allowing me to use their premises without charge and who are promoting the event at the venue. Even extended family members of friends are being harangued into support on my behalf.
I’ve also started planning for a family fun day fundraiser in March and already have two bands (Off The Record and The Nigelles) lined up to play without taking a fee and I’m sure they will help to make the day a success.  Other donations, just as valuable have been from my family and friends who are helping out by looking after Ellie whilst I am actually in Uganda. 

It’s not an easy time of year to attempt fundraising; most people are a bit skint in January (I know we are!) and people are having to watch how they spend their pennies, but I’ve had £460 in donations at the time of writing and lots of friend and family have pledged further support to come.

Whether monetary, volunteering skills or giving time, all donations have been hugely generous and very kind.  It’s only early days and I know that I will have to continue to ask for your help and support over the coming months, but I just wanted to say thank you for all the generosity you’ve shown me and the Uganda project so far.  It is truly, very much appreciated.

If you have any toys you’d like to donate for the toy fair or skills that could be useful for a family fundraising day, please do give me a shout!

If you’d like to donate, please go to the GoFundMe page.

And if you’re free on 15th or 22nd February, please do come along!

Thank you.




No comments:

Post a Comment